Saturday, September 8, 2012

Mike + The Mechanics – All I Need Is A Miracle




To my ears I have found an anomaly in Mike + The Mechanics 1985 hit “All I Need Is A Miracle”. The first video is from Mike + The Mechanics self titled album. This is how I remember the song in the video from MTV and what I will hear on radio today.

Now, check the below video out of the 45. This is how I remember hearing this track on the radio in 1985. It is a bit sped up. This is odd for this era because time of tracks wasn’t too much of a concern. Speeding up a track would be common practice in the 1960’s because radio stations demanded songs clock in under 3 minutes so there are many unique 45 mixes of from that era.

 

Let me know if you hear what I am hearing or am I just going crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment