Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Grass Roots - Midnight Confessions - 45 RPM Mono Mix



The Grass Roots 1971 single “Midnight Confessions” is another reason why in most cases the mono single mix is king. I first came across this single a few years back haggling a guy down at a record show for a pile of 45’s for about 50 (US) cents a piece. I had been very familiar with Midnight Confessions, in my opinion it was a typical pop song of the time that I heard frequently on oldies radio so I figured the price was right, let me add it to the collection. At first listen I was completely blown away by the up front bassline that is totally buried in the stereo mix which most are familiar with. Having the 45, there is no need for me to seek out another copy of Midnight Confessions, this is the go to copy. If you have a vinyl rig, seek this out, you will not be disappointed!

This video was provided by YouTube user WABCRADIO77 he has a ton of great 45s!

No comments:

Post a Comment